I’m very grateful for another active year around byHerndon!
Here’s some of what went on:
- The North Gwinnett Middle School Percussion Ensemble performed Begin Transmission at the Georgia Music Educators Association In-Service Conference.
- I had two new pieces published through Tapspace:
- Song Without Words for percussion ensemble
- Great and Small for solo keyboard percussion with audio accompaniment
- Another piece was also accepted for publication so stay tuned for more info on that later…
Happy New Year!
Contrary to the cliche, there can be rest for the weary:
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
This gift is why “the weary world rejoices” at Christmas.
convergence of consciousness
axiomatic microcosm of humanity
fear, joy, loneliness,
October’s rays are lazy;
They don’t rise-and-shine, they fall.
The leaves sift them like cinnamon
And they rest on autumn like a shawl.
In addition to being a fun piece to play and program on a concert, it is also a great way to introduce young students to multiple-percussion score reading and basic extended playing techniques and notation.
Vol. 56, No. 3, July 2018
You can check out the full review here.